Tae Kwon Do Study Guides - Green Belt Kids
Korean Words About Tae Kwon Do:
- Keuk Pa — Breaking
- Ho Sin Sol — Self-Defense
- Keyroo Ki — Sparring
What part of the foot do you use in a hook kick?
- The back heel or the bottom of the foot.
What do all the colors and shapes of the American Flag mean?
- Red — Courage (bravery), war, and blood
- White — Truth, freedom, and purity (excellence)
- Blue — Justice (fairness) and ambition (hope)
- The 13 Stripes — The 13 Original Colonies
- The 50 Stars — The 50 States
What does the color green on the green belt mean?
- Green is the color of spring. In the springtime, everything starts to grow. Now that you are a green belt, you are growing in Tae Kwon Do!
What is the meaning of Tae Keuk Sam Jahng, the green belt poomse?
- The meaning of Tae Keuk Sam Jahng is “Fire”. Fire has a lot of energy in it, and this form has a lot of energy in it too. When you perform this poomse, perform it with a lot of energy — just like fire.