Tae Kwon Do Study Guides - High Yellow Belt Adults
Taekeon and Soobakhi:
- Taekeon and Soobakhi are two martial arts ancestors (great grand parents) of Tae Kwon Do.
How do you create power in a Tae Kwon Do technique?
- Power = Mass x Acceleration + (yell, concentration, confidence, and balance)
Why do we wear different colored belts?
- We have different belt colors to show different knowledge levels. The darker the belt color, the more knowledge there is.
Less Knowledge(Lighter Color) -------------------------> More Knowledge (Darker Color)
Why do we yell?
- We yell to so that we can kick and punch extra hard. We kick even harder when we also believe in ourselves and concentrate really hard. The perfect recipe for a power kick or power punch is a good yell, confidence, and concentration.
What is the meaning of Tae Keuk Ee Jahng, the high yellow belt poomse?
- The meaning of Tae Keuk Ee Jahng is “ Lake ”. Hidden inside of the deep parts of a lake, there are many treasures and mysteries. We should perform this poomse as if each movement is a treasure.