Tae Kwon Do Study Guides - White Belt Kids
The Ten Student Commitments:
- I will be loyal to my country.
- I will honor my parents.
- I will love my family and cooperate with them.
- I will be faithful to my friends.
- I will respect my elders and care for my juniors.
- I will establish positive relationships with my teachers.
- I will treat all living things with care.
- I will never seek advantage of those who are weaker.
- I will only use Tae Kwon Do to benefit myself and others.
- I will always finish what I start.
Korean words that we use in Tae Kwon Do:
- Dobok — Uniform
- Do Jahng — Workout Area
- Charryoot — Attention
- Joon Bee — Ready
- Kyeong Naet — Bow
- Sa Bum Nim — Instructor
Korean numbers 1 to 10:
What does the color white on the white belt mean?
- It means that your mind is clean.
- It means that you have a lot to learn.
- And it means that you want to learn.
What does Tae Kwon Do mean in English?
- Tae means: Foot
- Kwon means: Hand
- Do means: “The Way”
- Tae Kwon Do means: “The Way of the Hand and Foot”